Thursday, August 30, 2007

Supper-Clubs in the City

I attended a "supper club" thingy last night in the city. (Ever seen Hitch? The seen where he and eva go out to a cooking thingy... except this one wasn't the hands on kind... just the dining part)

Invite only, at an undisclosed location till the morning of.
To get there, you ring a bell on an unmarked door and get buzzed up.
So I'm looking for this place with eager anticipation.
I walk in and see the Chef in the kitchen cooking up a storm.
In addition, and prolly more importantly, there were 2 amazingly (eye popping) beautiful ladies fixing up the place and coordinating with the waitstaff on what to do incase of ....
They were the Hostesses / Promoters of the event. I grinned and introduced myself immediately.
I was a bit early because I wanted to go over the menu with the chef one more time.
I was the resident Sake Sommelier for the night so I wanted to make sure I had full understanding of all the course going to be sent out.

An intimate setting in the middle of chaotic Meat Packing District. I was loving it.
Cocktails were passed around at 7:30pm and dinner was served at 8pm.
My sake went out with each course and I did my schpeel.
There were 12 bottles of Sake for 24 guests. Ah, yah...
We were there till 11:45pm.

By the end of the night, everyone was pretty "happy" and exceptionally "friendly".
Hooch does that to people... And I'm glad to say I was the hooch-man last night.

I'm definitely looking forward to more of these little soirees in the future.

No comments: