Monday, January 7, 2008

Taipei - A Foodie's Paradise

Before I met my fiancee, Taiwan was probably the last place I wanted to visit as a food destination. I'm assuming like most of you out there my top places were Italy, France, Spain, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. However, Taiwan is truly a foodie's paradise.

For the price and variety, Taipei, Taiwan is unparalleled. 15NT (about $0.50) buys you a large, tremendously flavorful juicy dumpling. Walk a little further down the street and you can get some amazing noodles for 32 NT (about $1). And, because of Taiwan's proximity to multiple Asian countries - you can have your feast of an infinite number of regional Chinese cuisines (Hakka, Shanghai, Szechuan, etc), Japanese, Thai, and so on. You can create your own tasting menu by visiting different food stalls/restaurants all for under $20.

In the next couple of posts, I'll try to categorize what I ate.

No comments: