Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The economy affecting my TV shows...

So, my tivo used to be filled with some great food shows that helped me decide where I wanted to eat next in NYC. There's something about watching the food (prep and final product) on a large screen and listening to the chef/owners that is much more helpful than reading a review with no pictures of the food.

Unfortunately over the last 3 months, two channels dropped off Cablevision effectively removing 2 of my favorite shows - After Hours with Daniel and Reservations Required. MojoHD, home of the Daniel Boulud show, went out of business. VoomHD, home of the Reservations Required show, dropped off of Cablevision due to some fee disputes I believe. I've raved about Daniel's show before, but Reservations Required was another great show showcasing NYC restaurants, where the hosts ordered off the menu and ate/commented on the dishes at the end of the show.

In addition, Colameco's Food Show has disappeared from PBS the last two months. Fortunately, Mr. Colameco has confirmed he is filming a 9th season and that his shows will be returning to PBS in June. Maybe, the economy is affecting people's interest in watching NYC restaurants. People probably want to see less shows on expensive restaurants and more shows on reality cooking competitions...

No comments: