Friday, August 7, 2009

Daiwa Sushi (Tsukiji)

It's been a dream of mine to go back to Tsukiji these past 5 years.

After immersing myself into the world of gastronomy, I guess it's only natural to go back and examine the ingrained fish culture in Japan up close one more time.
There are a few famous sushi restaurants in the Tsukiji market and we happened to stumble upon one of them. Daiwa Sushi.

And as luck would have it, we sat with the chief sushi chef who treated us to the best pieces of the day.
Although photos weren't really permitted, I did express my great love for sushi and that my wife and I had traveled from NY to experience the Tsukiji. That got us 1 picture and I snapped away before he could take it back.









Below are pictures from the tuna auction held everyday between 5am and 6:15am.







No comments: