Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cupcake Party

Friday after work I headed over to Crumbs (top of the picture) on 52nd and Madison to pick-up some cupcakes for a house warming party on Saturday. I got there and had some problems choosing the flavors, given everything looked so good. So I picked some out and headed home. It ends up I was not the only person with cupcakes on the brain. Another Friend had went to Mr. Cupcakes (bottom of the picture) in Clifton, NJ and brought a whole bunch of different flavors to the house warming as well.
To rattle off some of the flavors from both cupcakerys: Carrot, Pumpkin, Cookie Dough, French Toast (my favorite, Mr. Cupcakes), Hot Chocolate, White Hot Chocolate, Cappucino, Oreo Cookie...I can barely remember all the flavors.
I have to say both Crumbs and Mr. Cupcakes offer a really good selection and they both have their own style. Crumbs is mostly about the icing and fillings, don't get me wrong the cake itself is good. Mr. Cupcakes is all about great cake flavor balanced with a nice topping/icing. If I had to choose between the two places I would say Mr. Cupcakes brought his "A" game today. Now please don't misunderstand me, if I was walking by a Crumbs in the city I would still stop in and try the latest flavor. After today's cupcake party all of us decided to do a similar cupcake tasting at our next get together. Till then we continue our search for the perfect cupcake...

No comments: