Monday, December 12, 2011

Lasagna 101

I have never made Lasagna before but for some reason, I had a hankering for it.

A staple of many American kids growing up, the sudden chilly weather
had me a little nostalgic for something hearty and Jersey-ish.

For those of you who know Aramis and I, we grew up in the Jersey
suburbs with a lot of Italian American kids. Every now and then, we'd
stay over and have dinner at our friend's house and Lasagna would be a
pretty common treat our Italian "mothers" would make.

So out of no where Sunday morning, I asked my co-worker for some
pointers because she makes a killer Lasagna as well and Immediately
went to the store to pick up the ingredients.

Keep in mind, this is a ricotta filled Lasagna and not the more
traditional besciamella (bechemel) Lasagna you would find on Norther
Italy.

Ingredients :
Lasagna Pasta
2# Bison Ragu
15oz Ricotta Cheese
1# Mozzarella Cheese
1/4# Parmesan Cheese
2 Egg
6oz Frozen Spinach
9x13 Baking Caserole

You layer it to your liking, cover, bake at 375 for an hour, uncover
and bake another 10 min and Voila!
Dinner for at least 6.

IT'S SOOOO EASY!
I can't wait to try it again and switch up some ingredients.

No comments: