Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Masala Wok Review

MasalaWok.com
Locations in TX and VA, but I went to:
10940 Fairfax Blvd. Suite J
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone - 571-432-1814
Fax - 571-432-1816

This place is not fast food but sort of Panera/Corner Bakery-ish. It's an "Indian Diner with a Chinese twist." I've had a few dishes here, since there was one near the office, and we'd go there for lunch. I like the condiment stand, because there are a variety of sauces including one that gives quite a kick for being a mainstream restaurant. The dishes were pretty much what you'd expect in quality, which were just meh. Even their samosas aren't so hot. But there is one thing that I order every single time. It's an appetizer, and now my orders consist of ordering two of these. They're called "chicken lollipops." These things taste so nice, and they're fun to eat! They are "chicken wings marinated in spices coated in zesty batter & deep fried." They have a long bone, like a lamb chop, and you dip it into the spicy sauce that's served and just gnaw away. Dare I say it? I like these better than Buffalo wings! There, I said it.

Not much of a review of the place and thought about just titling this "chicken lollipops," but it's done.





















No comments: