Thursday, April 3, 2008

Kitchen Basics - Chicken Stock

One of my quests for the longest time was to find a good chicken stock that comes in a tiny container. Most of the chicken stocks that I've purchased in the past are bland (e.g. Pacific Natural Foods) or come in large 14-32 oz containers. I've finally found the answer at my local A&P - Kitchen Basics - 8 Fl Oz Chicken Stock. This broth is insanely flavorful - nice deep rich chicken flavor. Obviously this probably has to do with the sodium content, but after salting other store brought brands you still don't get this type of flavor. Also, the 8 fl oz package is perfect since the majority of the time I end up throwing away half of the chicken stock that come in the 14 fl oz package. Making chicken stock is very satisfying, but if you don't have time, the Kitchen Basics Chicken Stock is a perfect fit. A tad more expensive at $1.50 per box, but 100% worth it...

No comments: