Thursday, March 25, 2010

Locanda Verde: Stuffed Mountain Trout

Some co-workers took me out to lunch for my birthday, so I suggested Locanda Verde since I'm a big fan of that place.

It kicked ars as usual and may have been one of my favorite dishes of the year.










My Menu
Stuffed Mountain Trout with lentils, gala apple and pancetta ***
Incredibly tender and flavorful fish that tasted like it was smoked - pancetta is usually unsmoked though. The crisp apples and perfectly cooked creamy lentils put a big smile on face. Big time WTF moment.

Rating System
--- What the F - in a bad way * Good ** Great *** What the F – in a good way

1 comment:

porthos said...

OMG!Nice

it's gotta be the fact i'm getting older... but capers in a picatta sauce just makes my day. never liked it when i was younger though.

***you think they took the bacon idea from our Bacon'd Baracuda dish in Cozumel?
http://dudesonfoods.blogspot.com/2008/06/mahi-mahi-for-dinner.html