Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Name is Athos, and I'm an Addict


I just read this article where it compares the addicitve properties of bacon and cheesecake to heroin and cocaine in rats. "Not even mild foot shocks kept them from compulsively feasting on chocolate bars, cream-stuffed cakes, sausage, frosting and other highly palatable human foods. Within 40 days, their body weight had increased 25%." Truth be told, the scientists were mainly monitoring the dopamine levels in the brains of the rats, but it's still interesting - and funny - to see how they were addicted to this food. Can I use that excuse?

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Soon Bacon & Cheesecake Anonymouses will be popping up all over America! =)

Edmond Dantes said...

Hello ATHOS!!! DO you want a hug?

I too am a recovering BACON LOVER!!! I have been non-Bacon for 10days.

Athos said...

Sounds like we need to have a meeting. Stat. Let's meet at the butcher. =]

Mr. Pineapple Man said...

wow! that looks really good....