Monday, September 22, 2008

Wine Night

Decided to stay in Friday night with the wife and get some wine and a movie. Now, although I like wine, I'm not really a connoisseur. So, whenever I go buy some wine I find the best way is to always find the wine expert at the store, describe your taste preferences / price point and let them do the picking. Below are the wines that we bought

Vigna Senza Nome 2007 - Moscato d'Asti ***
The fiancee is not a big alcohol drinker, but she does like a nice fruity sweet bubbly wine. We provided the guidelines and the wine expert picked out this killer Moscato d'Asti from the Piemonte region. It's slightly sweet, nice fruity flavor (not disgustingly though), and insanely refreshing. Kind of reminding me of Martelli's Apple Cider, but obviously 100x better.

Franciscan 2006 - Chardonnay
One of my favorite wines is a nice oaky chardonnay. The oak usually lends a buttery flavor to the wine, which I love. Unfortunately, this was a dryer chardonnay with decent flavor, but not something I would drink again. The problem is I picked this myself without the help of the wine expert. I saw that it was from Napa, so I decided to buy it since we recently visited the area. Bad choice and I will remember to always ask the wine expert going forward.












--- What the F - in a bad way * Good ** Great *** What the F – in a good way

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wine is an alcoholic beverage made from the fermentation of grape juice.Wine is usually made from one or more varieties of the European species Vitis vinifera, such as Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, or Merlot. When one of these varieties is used as the predominant grape (usually defined by law as a minimum of 75% or 85%), the result is a varietal, as opposed to a blended, wine.


==============
hesslei...

link building