Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Steak Dinner at Uno's

Steaks - Not Recommended.
To the point of "Achtung! Stay Away!"

Known for their deep dish pizza, I chose to take the road less traveled and took a chance with their "10 oz top sirloin Angus".
What I failed to register in my mind was that this would be preportioned wet vac sealed slabs of beef in the back.

The grill station guy most likely tore open the plastic and threw the piece of beef directly from the fridge onto the grill and then proceeded to set a timer counting the minutes till it was "medium rare" ready.

This was no 28 day dry aged Niman Ranch NY Strip from Porterhouse.
It tasted more similar to the steak you would get on a American flight from JFK to Narita.

One last thing, I was asked to take care of the bill because there was a shift change, and my waitress was waiting for her $3 tip (15%). Plz. I have never been rushed to settle a bill anywhere. Quite the experience.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

End of the Road said...

The pizza at Uno's (outside Chicago) is terrible. Only thing in common is the name.