Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spain Wrap Up

After sitting and thinking about it, Spain may be my favorite place on Earth right now. The people are so cool and laid back, the buildings magnificent, and the food is 1000% my style. This style of cuisine is definitely overtaking Italian as my favorite right now.

I need to go back ASAP and try:
  • The three michelin star greats to see what they're about - El Bulli, Mugaritz, and Arzak.
  • Go in search of cheeses - I know the cabrales and the manchego, but what else does Spain have to offer?
  • Get some real paella - I've had glimpses of some spectacular rice at Moo, but I need to go to Valencia and get the real deal.
  • Go to vineyards and find some great wines
  • Eat some baby eels, a delicacy that the Spaniards love
  • La Cuchara de San Telmo - because it's my happy place of a restaurant

No comments: