Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I heart my Farmer's Market

I went out to pick up my dry cleaning and saw that the farmer's market was still open.
So I quickly perused through the produce and picked up heirloom tomatoes, perfectly ripened peach and some jersey corn for dinner.

Might I add, Jersey Corn is the best on the planet.
If I had a brix-meter, I'm positive it would have read close to a honeydew in sweetness.
As a matter of fact, the corn was sweeter than the peach.

So dinner consisted of a quick summer salad, corn on the cob, and sliced ribeye steak.
Accompanied with a bottle of Napa Valley Red given to me by the head sommelier of Jean Georges.
Summer never tasted so good.


Summer Salad :
2 Peach
2 Heirloom Tomatoes
1/4 Onion
5 Basil Leaves
5T Olive Oil
3T Champagne Vinegar
Salt and Pepper

Cut up peach and tomatoes into dice sized cubes and add the brunoised onions and chiffonade basil into a non reactive mixing bowl. Pour in the olive oil and champagne vinegar and toss. And finally season to taste.
The steaks were grilled a few days ago, sliced and drizzled with some ponzu for flavoring.

Bon Apetit!

No comments: