Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Peak Organic IPA
by Shipyard Brewing Company

7.2% ABV
30s? IBU

You don't get much bitterness or citrusy hops from this really fresh IPA is from Portland Maine... leaving me to believe this was extremely malt heavy in the wort.
After trying this beer, I need to look into the Simcoe and the Amarillo hops a bit more... Although I'm usually a hoppy Columbus, Cascade Hop type of guy, I really enjoyed the balance of these more milder hops.

Nose - Mildly sweeter than most IPAs.
Taste - Real easy to drink. Good clean taste for an Ale.
Finish - Probably not much different than other American ales, just the lack of hoppy hops makes it finish a bit sweeter.
Recommended Pairing - It'll probably go with just about any non read meat summer "hand held" food. ie Chicken salad sandwich, Turkey sandwich, HotDogs (it's been overly processed... it's not a red meat in my book)

No comments: