Friday, September 25, 2009

Terakawa Ramen

Located : Lex between 23 & 24th

I just finished my bowl of Terakawa Ramen with a side of Gyoza.
I gotta admit, I am one HAPPY s.o.b.

The dinner combo was reasonably priced at $12, and it was damn good.
Probably the best deal in Manhattan for the bang for the buck.

Terakawa is just the latest contender in the Ramen Wars of Manhattan.
Founded in Kumamoto, Japan, they pride themselves on Tonkotsu style broth.
That's the rich pork broth like Ippudo.

Not as intense but completely satisfying.
I suspect they make their own noodles as well. They had great al dente-ness to it and it worked well with the thick broth. The toppings rocked. Perfect roast pork belly, marinaded soft boiled eggs, a ton of scallions, bamboo shoots and julienned wooden jelly.

I can't wait to come back!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: