Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Costco Eatery

They say you shouldn't shop on an empty stomach, because you may pay for things you don't need. It really is true. One shopping mecca for a Dude is Costco with all the electronics, tires, kitchen tools, and, of course, food. When there, and you don't want to wonder off and blow your money, go have yourself some food at the eatery. Or heck, even if you know you're going to spend some green, get something to eat there anyway. Believe it or not, the food is quite good. Not only that, but the portions and prices follow suit. I used to work about 20 minutes away from one, and once in a while when I was broke and had only $2, I'd head over there for lunch. And I would get change back! For that, you get a nice-sized (1/4 pound), and very good-tasting hot dog on a soft, steamed bun, and a large cup that's refillable. The condiments to top your hot dog included ketchup, mustard (yellow and deli), chopped onion, and relish. Not a bad lunch for $1.50!

Other things on the menu are abnormally large churros, huge chicken Caesar salad, delicious Italian sausage with peppers, tasty pizza, and more. Pizza is sold by the slice or whole. You can order beforehand and pick it up as well. This is what I did last time. Right before I parked my car, I order a combo (only one size - 18"), walked in, paid, and when I finished, my pizza was, too.

Good eats for a day.

No comments: