Thursday, November 5, 2009

MACALLAN 18

My father is visiting and brought over with him a bottle of this fine Single Malt Scottish Whisky. I've had the 12 year, and other Spey region single malts, but Macallan is a big name and an extra 6 years in Oak and Sherry tanks will only round out the flavors that much more.
I'm thinking I'll open it during Thanksgiving but is there really a reason to wait that long?

I'm expecting pleasant smokiness with a touch of spice. With most likely an ultra smooth finish which I've never experienced before.
I'm definitely going to make Ice Cubes with distilled water and have them ready for the uncorking.
Hmmmm, the more I think about it, I may just open it up tonight.


The Macallan is a single malt Scotch whisky, produced at Macallan Distillery near Easter Elchies House, at Craigellachie in the Speyside region. Originally, The Macallan was only matured in oak sherry casks brought to the distillery from Jerez, Spain. Beginning in 2004, The Macallan introduced a new main product, the Fine Oak series, with the whisky mellowed in bourbon oak casks as well as sherry ones.
- wiki -

No comments: