Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meat the Press

I took part in a Product Tasting session with a famous Newspaper Food Columnist Wednesday.
Well, more like I stood next to the wall and watched her taste dish after dish. It was kinda sad in a way. There were no "mmmms" or "wow, this is delicious" at all.
She is known to many to be a tough, and emotionless lady. (and from what I saw, that's right on)
As we went down the list of items, her facial expressions remained stoic. It was a little uncomfortable to say the least, but guess business is business. I remained quiet and just observed the interactions between our chef and food writer.

As I watched, hoping to learn something from the experience, I came to realize an important life lesson.
Perhaps when something becomes a "Job", you lose enthusiasm and passion.
I'd like to think I would be different and never lose interest if given the opportunity to eat and write about my culinary escapades.
But I'm sure that's what all food columnists say before they eat and write about their 5th trip to Provence and 50th juicy cheeseburger in the summer.
Perhaps guys like me just don't know any better...because I still want that dream job of sharing my thoughts on food.

No comments: