Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ciao come stai?

My wife and I just got back from a 10 day trip to Italy. Boy, is there a lot to talk about.
For the next week or so, I will be posting highlights of our trip.

As a full blown foodie, I was completely obsessing over every potential meal and every snack prior to arriving in Italy. But thanks to my wife and her clever scheduling, I was able to also enjoy the centuries old buildings and art works preserved in the various cities we traveled to. We not only booked reservations to restaurants, but also to the museums, and to the opera house as well.

In our brisk 10 day trip, we traveled to Lake Como, Milan, Venice, Florence, and to the vineyards of Barbaresco in Piedmonte.

I take it it's the European way of life, but the Italians really live life in their own slow (by NY standards) and relaxed pace. To not have a care in the world and just absorb life's pleasures. What a concept!

No comments: