Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Train ride to Venice

Venice is about a 3 hour train ride from Milan.
So my wife and I decided to make the most of it and took an 8 o'clock train to the floating city.

Funny but true, the Italians are not known for their punctuality. And the Italian train system is no exception.
But I wasn't about to let a 30 minute delay damper my mood.
So I followed my nose (er, stomach) and ended up at a panini bar.
And there, I experienced the best panini of my life.
Light, warm and crisp panini bread, with a thin layer of cheese and cured ham. What a great little snack!

Furthermore, I kept on thinking where has this panini been all my life?
And why on earth can't I get something this simple yet tasty in the States...

I guess the mighty 'ol US-of-A still has a little bit more to learn from the old world.

No comments: