Monday, January 7, 2008

Pomodoro e Scampi Pasta

Like most Sundays, I find myself playing around in the kitchen before sitting down to watch 60 minutes.
Last night was no exception.
My wife and I are taking a trip to Italy next week and I felt compelled to test my pasta making skills.

Ingredients:
Tomato - 2 large
Garlic - 4 cloves
Basil - 6 leaves
Shrimp - 6 U8s
Trumpet Royal Mushroom - 6oz
Honshimeji Mushroom - 4oz
Shiro Shibori - 3 T
(This was a great substitute for Parmesan Reggiano. It worked as a seasoning and also as an agent of Umami.)

Although I completely forgot to drizzle the finished dish with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Aramis swears by it), it came out great.
I'm sure my trip to Italy will open my eyes even more to the depths of Italian foods. But for the time being, last night's dish wasn't too shabby.

No comments: