Sunday, June 1, 2008

Brownies - Quick, Easy, Delicious

How easy? Empty the powder into a bowl, add 1 yogurt, mix, pour it into greased baking dish, and bake for 35 minutes at 350. Done! And check it out - fat free and 120 calories per piece.
You're thinking it that it can't be too good, right? I did too. I don't remember the circumstance that made me try it, but I did. I am so happy I did. They're good. Soooo good.

These are called No Pudge! Fudge Brownies. There are different flavors, and these pictures show the cappuccino-flavored brownies. They look identical, but the taste is definitely different. Though cappuccino was decent, original flavor is much better in my opinion. These brownies are so fudgy, moist, and taste great. It’s hard to believe that they are no fat and low-cal. Apparently they were made by a brownieholic. Her testament is on the side of the box, and it reads:

My name is Lindsay Frucci and I am a brownieholic. I love thick, fudgy, chewy brownies. I hate fat. In my food or on my hips, fat is something I like to live without. Since most thick, fudgy, chewy brownies are loaded with fat this created quite a problem. Were brownies without guilt a possibility? In January of 1995, I decided to try and find out.

Her website for the brownies is an open forum where people have added their own twists and tips. There’s even a personal brownie of 1 spoon of yogurt, 2 spoons of the mix, and microwaved. Check out the website
http://nopudge.com/

I need to add that while making the brownies, the mix will feel very, very dry. Resist the need to add more yogurt, water, or whatever to make it more moist. Keep mixing, and it will happen. I added vanilla and used a mixer, but it’s unnecessary. Have fun with it. Add nuts, chocolate chips… there are recipes that turn them into marshmallow graham treats, muffins, cookies, and so on.

Give it a try. And oh, you’re welcome.



No comments: