Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Judging a Dude by his Food?

Dudes, can you judge a dude by his food? And if so does this list below, published in Shine by Maggie Namser, make sense?

Steak - It's hot when a dude orders steak. That said, everything in moderation. I went out a few times with a tattooed pseudo-stud who ordered steak compulsively. It was cute —until I realized he was doing Atkins. Just like you don't want to know when we feel fat, we don't want to know that you're on a fad diet.

Fish - I really like you! You're confident and comfortable in your own skin. You appreciate the finer things and you’re a little bit health-conscious. Again, just don't order it every time, or I’ll start thinking you’re uptight.

Pasta - Perfecto. Just please don't wear a bib. And if you order something boring like pasta primavera, own it. Say you're in the mood for something simple. Otherwise I might picture myself in Napa sipping a pinot while you’re reaching for a Michelob Light.

Dumplings – You’re cute. Cute as a button, or, er…a dumpling.

General Tso's Chicken - You're not one to go against the grain, but hey, there's nothing wrong with an easygoing fella.

Greek salad - Points for culture, but just like we can't do the salad, you can't either. I don't care how much feta is in there.

Chicken tenders - Is your momma coming to dinner with us, little buddy?

Pad thai - Safest bet on the menu, but the fact that you suggested Thai in the first place is cool.

Fajitas - You're sizzling company. Just make sure you don't get any of that sizzle on my sweater.

Turkey - If it's not Thanksgiving and you're not at Subway, don't order turkey. I can't explain it but just trust me on this one.

Game - Uh, as long as it's not accompanied by hunting-with-Daddy stories, do your thing. And one more thing...please don't sport mandals.

Pizza - If we're at a Pizzeria or a pub, it's all good, but if we are at a white table-clothed restaurant, you might want to aim a little higher. I mean, what’s for dessert—karaoke with your frat brothers?

Burger – You’re a solid man of good taste. You know what you like and you better give me a bite.

Sushi – You’re a keeper. Especially if you do the omakase and If you have the courage to try blowfish, I’d like you to meet my family.

Dessert - Let's save this for the fifth date. By that time we both won't care about an extra five pounds.

No comments: