Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stupid Post

Or is it?

I received this email recently:

=======

Very helpful information about Aluminum Foil I had to go straight to the kitchen and check this out...how come I never noticed this before now? I've been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time. Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, 'Press here to lock end'. Right there on the end of the box is a ta b to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran warp roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up. I'm sharing this with my friends...I hope I'm not the only person in the world that didn't know about this.


=======


I've had rolls of foil and Saran wrap fall on the floor, into the food, and just plain not work resulting in wasted sheets. I was very surprised to read this email, so I checked it out. Sure enough, those tabs are there on the box. So I pressed them, and yes, they do help. I still wasted some Saran wrap, but that's just because it's a PITA the roll out.

Parchment paper did not have them, since it's not really an issue there.









1 comment:

Devin Stewart said...

That's one of the most useful things I have learned all day!