Monday, September 13, 2010

Scotch at Keen's Steakhouse

Met up Porthos the other day at my favorite NYC steakhouse, Keen's Steakhouse, and I was craving some scotch for dessert. When I asked which scotches they had, they brought up an encyclopedia of good old Scottish whiskey. This was by far the most impressive list I've ever seen.

I saw a glass from 1964 (Scott's Selection North of Scotland 1964), so I figured why the hell not - 1964 was a good year, right? - the first Ford Mustang, Cassius Clay beats Sonny Liston, and the Beatles make their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show. At first I wasn't blown away since I'm not into Scotch with a sweet nose, but man it was so damn smooth. It definitely grew on me and I was pretty damn happy when all was said and done.

Can't wait to pay another visit and order me some other scotch.

No comments: