Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bacon Sundae

The TV displays the commercials from Denny's Baconalia every now & then, and okay, their PR people hooked me in. I bit. Literally. I went there and tried their bacon sundae: vanilla ice cream topped with maple syrup & crispy bacon. (The bacon being crisp is key IMO.) I should mention that I really am not a fan of the sweet & salty combo like a lot of people are. I absolutely detest the McGriddles at McDonald's. Once I got into a heated argument at a diner that all started because I asked for my pancakes on a separate plate so the syrup doesn't run into my eggs and other saltiness, but they put it all on the same plate anyway. You get my point; I am not into this combo. Folks, I liked this sundae. It really was good. In fact, I would love to have one now since today was a bit of a scorcher. My waitress said she was "scared to try it," but if I worked there, I'd probably start each day with one. So good!

I do have to mention, however, that if you do try it that you avoid the one at 7405 Greenbelt Road, Greenbelt - (301) 474-6423. Greenbelt is nice town outside of Washington, DC. I mean fricken NASA is just up the street. But something transforms inside that Denny's that makes people lose all manner of, well, manners. You'd swear you were in the hood. Lazy ass workers, screaming babies, couple next to me both were watching videos on their smart phones L-O-U-D-L-Y, huge roach crawling on the floor that a customer disposed of since the waitstaff said they were freaked out (male AND female), and so on. I know it's just a Denny's, and I've been drunk there, seen fights, and have had silly experiences there, but WTF!?!? I was there when it was daylight and senior citizens were eating. Revolting. Damnit I wished someone from corporate walked in to check on their store.

Either way, it didn't deter me too much from enjoying my bacon sundae. And you should, too.

No comments: