Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fun with Shrimp

In laws were in town and they requested that I make some Italian food for them. I decided to go with a simple pasta and a Ligurian dish (seafood, green beans, potatoes, and pesto).

I've made this Ligurian dish before, but I've been craving "shrimps" after the wonderful shrimp pie at Pepe's, so I decided to make a shrimp stock to steam the clams open and poach the shrimps in.

I bought some shrimps head on and used the head/shells to make a phenomenal stock - just sauteed down with basil stems and simmered with wine. Such a beautiful color and I can see a ton of uses out of this uber flavored stock - soups, pasta, fried rice, etc.


Any who, a huge hit with the in laws and their friends from Taiwan said this was better than any Italian meal they had in Taipei :)

No comments: