Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Charcuterie

There is something mystical about Charcuterie.
Perhaps it's that "old world" artisan flavor, or simply the concept of hanging pounds and pounds of meat up in the country side and letting the crisp valley air pass by as time stands still.

I recently find myself pondering at my desk, what it would be like to become a cheese maker, or a wine maker, or a charcuterie maker, or a baker, or an angler, or even a mushroom hunter.
So the question really is, could I become a Culinary Artisan? Or, would I want to become one?
Would I give up all the leisures modern day civilization has to offer and trade it in for a log-cabin up in the Pyrenees with nothing but a dog, a rifle, and (while i'm at it, why not!?) a 22 year old French lover. We would drink wine, eat cheese, cook game, and make babies.
Could life really be that simple?

No comments: