Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Grandpa Eddie's Jamaican Jerk Sauce

Found a great Jerk Sauce at a random street fair in Hoboken, NJ - Grandpa Eddie's Jamaican Jerk Sauce. By no means am I a jerk sauce connoisseur, but after one sample of the sauce I was amazed by the complexity of flavors. It's sweet at first, then turns slight hot, then sweet again. I tried putting it over some red beans and rice and it (pardon my expression) kicks it up a notch. For the Monday hang out with Porthos, I made some jerk chicken wings and I was pretty pleased with the results.


Jerk Chicken Wings
5 Pound chicken wings
10 Tblsp jerk sauce

1) Marinate chicken over night in the jerk sauce using a ziplock freezer bag.
2) Start broiler going and have pan 6 inches from the coil/flame. Take out wings and let it rest until they are room temperature.
3) Place wings on pan and cook for 7-10 minutes on one side - until skin is nice and browned.
4) Flip the wings and cook for another 5-6 minutes. Put knife in one of the wings and juices should run clear. Let rest and enjoy - the key is to make sure the wings are still juicy (making a small test batch is key). If you've never had ginger beer, now would be a good time to try!

1 comment:

Porthos said...

2 thumbs up for the jerk sauce.
i want me some asap.