Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Big O & Dukes like my kind of food


















How cool is this? I'm driving home from work, and I'm listening to 106.7, Free FM like usual. This is DC's talk radio station with such programs as Don & Mike, Opie & Anthony, Loveline, etc. They got rid of Unzipped with Michelle & Checkoway. (I actually agreed with Michelle a lot, but I detested Checkoway and came close to dragging my head on the ground on the drive home to remove my ear from listening to this moron several times.) Anyway, there’s a new show in town called Big O & Dukes to replace them. Couple cool guys from DC, but their last gig was in AZ. So they’re talking about food today. They mentioned double cheeseburgers, Baconators, (couple of my favorite chain restaurant burgers!) and more. Then they announced that the phones are open. I’m driving home, and I thought I’d give it a chance. C’mon, they’re talking food! I actually got through on my first call! In fact, I was the next caller!! So we start talking food, burgers, and they liked me. I even made them laugh a couple times. They asked me for the address to this website and even asked me if I would mention them. I told them just because they were talking about food, how could I not? One thing lead to another, and then they invited me for their Friday show. For FOUR HOURS! When I was off the air, the phone screener verified my number and stated they may call me back. We’ll see.

They do broadcast live online, so check it out (especially Friday evening!):

http://www.wjfk.com/pages/703221.php

Big O and Dukes

http://www.myspace.com/bigoanddukes

No comments: