Friday, November 23, 2007

No Turkey Turkey-Day

To be honest... I'm not a very big fan of turkey.
I will have an occasional turkey sandwich for lunch, but I'm not the type to look forward to a turkey dinner on thanksgiving.
That being said, I enjoy roasting other poultry or fowl during this holiday weekend.
From Ducks, to Capons, to Cornish Hens, to Chicken.
This year, I went with chicken.
But not just any chicken... (ie Purdue, Tyson... )
Giannone Chicken from Canada.
This bird is raised in open pens, and is free of antibiotics and hormones.
The meat is full of flavor and amazingly juicy.
I HIGHLY Recommend this bird to everyone.

My Menu :
Appetizers - Terrine Mousquetaire, Smoked Magret, Black Olives, Ibores Cheese
Autumn Gazpacho - Kabocha soup with Maitake mushrooms
Roasted Chicken - Garlic, Oregano, and Paprika
Spaghetti - Garlic, Anchovy, Mushroom and Chicken Jus
Dessert - Payard Patisserie (Chestnut Mousse and Tangerine Cake)



















sidenote:
If Ben Franklin had his way... instead of the Bald Eagle, the Turkey would have been our national bird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

blasphemy!!!!!!

I'll take mine deep fried or any other way. Its so much more favorable than chicken! I guess you picked a good one so I will give you some props ;)