Monday, May 5, 2008

Gourmet Boutique

CNN posted this article on Gourmet Boutique and their massive voluntary recall.
What they were hesitant to also report was that Archer Farms is also knows as Target.
So if you are an avid Target patron, and you so happen to do your food shopping there as well, you might want to rethink any of the meat items there in the freezer for the next month or so.
That includes frozen sandwiches or oven ready lasagnas.
To make it easy, just avoid food from Target for the time being.

NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York food company is recalling more than 286,000 pounds of meat and poultry because it might be contaminated with the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes.

The voluntary recall includes several different brands of fresh and frozen products made by Gourmet Boutique, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said Saturday.

Included are some types of chicken salad and sandwiches sold under the name Gourmet Boutique, and several frozen wraps and burritos sold under the names "Jan's" and "Archer Farms."

The problem was discovered through sampling by federal food safety inspectors and Florida agriculture officials, the USDA said.

There have been no reports of illnesses associated with the recalled foods, but the bacteria can potentially cause Listeriosis, an illness that can cause high fever, headache and nausea.

People with depressed immune systems could also suffer a fatal infection.

Gourmet Boutique said in a recorded phone message that it had made "environmental changes" at its plants to prevent a repeat of the problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a 16z Archer Frams Buffalo Chicken Wings with Sell by date of May 8-I bought them for my sn but I ended up eating about 4-5 of the wings -I hate them on Sat. and had stomach issues that eve- major gas-aches and I have been hacking up yellow mucus for the past day-trouble sleeping both Sat/Sun...I am in the foo business(+25 years) I am not just looking for possible link-but I am suspect of any of their chicken products-I actually mentioned to my older son that I must have ate something bad?the wings were the only fresh product I ate that day.plus this was my first visit to a new Super Target in Lonetree, Co-any word on the Archer products at SuperTargt-who is supplier for Archer Farms chicken wings?? any info is appreciated-just worried about serious infection as I just came of stomach viral a a week + ago.
Thanks- Mike/Colorado