Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's Just That Good

Sushi Seki "Rocks"!

Saturday night was my second time to Sushi Seki and will definitely not be my last.
My first visit was about 10 months ago and I posted a very positive article immediately.
I still feel the same way and urge you all to go enjoy some pretty awesome Sushi at Seki.

One piece of information I took home with me that is worth sharing...
Conceptually, you are not advised to dip the (Seki and Gari) Sushi into soy sauce.
The reason...
Back when Sushi of Gari first opened in New York, Chef Gari and Seki both noticed Americans dipping (dowsing) and practically drowning their Sushi into a tub of soy sauce and that just irked them so much that they looked for ways to prepare flavored Sushi so that no soy sauce was necessary.
Therefore the delicious sauces and wacky combos of bite sized Sushi came to be.

No comments: