Thursday, May 15, 2008

Suburban Chili Dog

No shirt stain after this Chili Dog!

Many times, when I'm on the run and have no more than 15 minutes between appointments, I look for a Gray's Papaya (or of the like) and scarf down the "recession special".
That's just one more perk in urban (NYC) life, really good hot dogs in every district of the city.
Well the other day, I was back in the burbs, and I stopped by a local family owned grocery store(Delicious Orchards-in Colts Neck, NJ) and found that they serve chili dogs on the outside patio.
The picture above is an all beef frank with pretty decent chili spooned on top. The bun was perfectly split open and cradled the dog and chili, giving way to minimal spillage. I couldn't believe it. It was a clean eating experience. Something you never see when you balance your two dogs and papaya juice at Gray's all while standing up.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: