Sunday, November 16, 2008

Need... Craving... Tacoooossss

I literally drove 3 hours until I found this place. Part lost, part heavy friggin traffic, part rain, part going to couple other paces to find out they did not have simple tacos, part bad D.C. drivers, and part stupid GPS giving me long route. Anyway, found a Mexican grocery store to ask them where they sell tacos, and what do you know? 2 ladies inside making beef tacos and pork tacos. Wow. They also had Coca-Cola in a glass bottle that brought me back to childhood. I don't drink soda, but I just had to have one. Also, I read they taste better because of the sugar they use. Nope, the same to me. And it did say "hecho en Mexico." (Made in Mexico.) Anyway, at $2/taco, I was a happy camper $14 dollars later (including the $2 Coca (as they say)). I thought $2/taco was steep, but I drove around the area and found several other places that made tacos including an actual taqueria; they were all $2.35, $2.75, and around that price, so I guess I got a deal. They're only there on the weekends. This is in Riverdale Park on the corner of 410 and 1 near Maryland State University in College Park. I did not get the name of the place.
And after three hours of driving, it only took me 20 minutes to get home.

Bad feeling, but also good knowing it's that close by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you couldn't tell the difference between the Colas.
High Fructose Corn Syrup is way sweeter and leaves a coating on our tongue I think. The bottled stuff from Mexico (and everywhere else in the world) is made with cane syrup. Milder in sweetness but doesn't taste processed.

Next time we are in the area, we are hitting the taco place up.

Athos said...

I may be able to tell the difference if I had them back-to-back, but I just don't really drink soda.

2PM, Sunday afternoon. Now that I know there's a taqueria nearby, I'm gona get me some tacos now. Some tripe, tongue, chorizo... yeah!

Anonymous said...

jealous