Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"fantasy football for foodies"

As you know, we have a new prez here in the States. With him comes a new administration, including the First Chef. This article talks about the possibilities of the new person, which is where I got the quote "fantasy football for foodies" from.

From the article:


"I get a kick out of all these people saying the No. 1 thing should be green, or sustainable or this, that or the other thing."


For me, I am imagining having someone make me a corned beef sandwich on a warm onion roll, with the right mayo and mustard with a cold pickle in the middle of the night.


Or a koolickle. =]


Change, Yes we Can













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree.
celebrity chefs/entertainers aren't always the best fit in any circumstance.
especially not in the Whitehouse.

can you imagine Bobby Flay or Rachel Ray manning the kitchen brigade for a State Dinner?
yikes!

and just because you can cook a few dishes doesn't make you a chef either.

Aramis said...

Intense...rotating chefs would be such a great idea for the state dinners. Although I don't like the idea of Rick Bayless being the full time White House chef. I would miss his TV shows and would be bummed I wouldn't be able to check out his restaurants for another 4 years...