Thursday, November 13, 2008

Quesadillas alla Medici

So if you love quesadillas as much as I do, you will love it with any filling.
As long as there's a generous portion of cheese, and a nice flour tortilla to bind all the goodness in between, it's all good.

So here's the schpeel. I just moved from my tiny apartment to another tiny little ditty.
I have absolutely nothing in the fridge but some tortilla shells and shredded cheese that I bought the day before. That previous morning, I was at a cooking photo shoot and got to take home some extras.
I looked in my baggie and there were matsutake mushrooms, lobster tail and claws, and fresh shiso leaves.
Limited in options, I just threw everything together creating the most expensive quesadilla I've ever had. This was surely something fit for the Medicis.

The matsutake mushrooms were very earthy and pronounced, the lobster tail and claws gave a great mouth feel and slight ocean flavor, and the fresh julienned shiso leaves just punched up the flavors on the roof of my mouth.

No comments: