Friday, May 1, 2009

Greg Noonan of Vermont Pub & Brewery

After a day of sales meetings, staff trainings, dinner and chit chat, my distributor in Vermont took me to some local watering holes up in Burlington.
I've visited this town a few times in the past and have always enjoyed chatting with the locals here.
Everyone is really down to earth, and genuinely considerate.
I saw people waving cars to pass, and cars waving people to cross at the "busiest" street corner here. I did a double take and thought to myself, both man and car would have cursed each other off while trying to cross if this were NYC.

So as the night progressed, we ended up at Vermont Pub and Brewery(2nd oldest microbrewery in the east coast). This is a place I always come to at least once when ever I'm in town. Devin first told me about this place and it's become a routine of mine ever since.
Well, it just so happened Greg Noonan(owner and brewer) was at the bar last night. He had just gotten back from the Craft Brewer's Conference last week in Boston and seemed pretty happy he went.
The sales rep I was with knows Greg pretty well and introduced me to him.
We chatted all night about his beers and I was absolutely fascinated with his passion and reasoning for his various brews.
It was complete geek talk all night and it was AWESOME!

Among many, Greg has a beer on tap this month called Bombay Grab IPA.
I'm a big fan of hoppy beers and this one totally fit the bill.
Greg uses Simcoe, Cascade and another hop which is not coming to me right now, to make this mouth watering brew.
You get a decent amount of citrus from the Cascade hops and then an onslaught of bitters.
the IBU was 77. Niiiiice!

I highly recommend this place. Great place to hang anytime of the day. Great people working the bars. And not to mention really great bar food.
Oh, and did I mention you can buy Growlers to take home? They run something like $10 a jug.

Here's a cool vid clip I came across... Enjoy

No comments: