Monday, May 18, 2009

Inedit by Estrella Damm (Ferran's Beer)

My good friend brought over a bottle of Inedit yesterday and I paired it with the Porchetta sandwiches I made.
He had scored a bottle at the premier launch of the beer a week earlier, over at River Cafe.
Ferran Adria had been developing this beer for over 2 years and came up with this brisk, easy to "pair with food" beer for the world.
With over 1,500 prototypes, this was a well researched brew.
His 2 sommeliers at El Bulli helped in narrowing down not only the effervescence, but also the floral notes and spices necessary to give Inedit it's unique "light" and "refreshing" experience.

I'm a hardcore IPA guy, so if I don't get my hops, I seldom recognize the beverage as a beer. But for this, I will make an exception.

Recommended to be served in a white wine glass, I knew they were looking to show off the bouquet. It was light, floral, and had bit of citrus and the slightest hints of cloves.

It was very controlled and didn't pop with too much intensity. Something well crafted to keep the diner's full attention on the food.





















Over all, I will give this beer a "B".
Ferran Adria carries a BIG name, so this is a marketer's dream come true.
I appreciate the engineering that went into the beer.
But there are plenty of other craft brewers out there in America that can give Ferran and the boys at Estrella Damm a run for their money.

Inedit by Estrella Damm
- Bright white head
- Great lacing
- Slightly opaque hinting on less filtering which should yield more viscosity
- 7 out of 10 for Bouquet
- 5 out of 10 for Attack
- 7 out of 10 for Flavor
- 3 out of 10 for Finish

No comments: