Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hot Cakes

The wife was craving Hot Cakes (giant pancakes) this past weekend and so she actually got up and made a batch from scratch. Wow! For those of you who know J, you can appreciate just how bad she wanted these hot cakes because it's been my sole job these past 4 years to cook and feed her on "lazy Sundays".

To go with these oversized pancakes, I reached into my cupboards for my Vermont Maple Syrup and also the Raw Honey I got this past month when I was up in Vermont.
I'm a huuuuuge fan of good honey. Unpasteurized, still crystallized honey is the only honey I keep in my house.
A dallop of butter on top of the hot pancakes, drizzle of maple syrup and some honey on the side, garnished with berries made for the perfect Sunday morning breakfast.
Thanks honey for your hard work... Will this be a weekly treat this summer?

1 comment:

Athos said...

I have my expectaations from J next time I stay over!