Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wu Liang Ye

I started my day yesterday at 4:30am, making sushi for high school students in the Upper West Side. Then a barrage of meetings here and there, finally finishing up at the Plaza Hotel around 9pm.

I had zero desire to cook for myself so I grabbed my co-workers and we all went to Wu Liang Ye and dined like kings. Or should I say, "Emperor".

I have always wanted to go here but never could round up people. That is until yesterday.

Wu Liang Ye - Highly Recommended
(I'm thinking like all Chinese joints, it helps when you speak their language and convey you specifically came here for authenticity)
36 W 48th St (btw 5th and 6th)
NY, NY 10036
212-398-2308

I'm deeming this joint my favorite Chinese restaurant in Manhattan for sure. Not that there's that much competition, but this was on par with a "mom's cooking".

Items ordered :
Tender Boiled Pork Belly with Spicy Garlic Sauce **
Pu Ehr Tea Smoked Duck *
Szechuan Boiled Dumplings in Chili Sauce *
Squash in Dried Scallops and Seafood Sauce *
Young Chow Fried Rice *

And the default house tea was Jasmine Tea. Extra bonus points for sure.