Wednesday, August 4, 2010

BLT Burger - Review

Intro
BLT Burger - Not Recommended
470 6th Ave, New York NY 10011
Btwn 11th & 12th St
Phone: (212) 243-8226

Quick visit to BLT Burger and was pretty disappointed. Chill place, but the burgers were average. And yes, I know Laurent is no longer affiliated although clips of articles on Laurent are still on the wall.

Our Menu
BLT
7oz. grilled cab burger, double smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, blt burger sauce
I've been craving burgers because it's summer (obviously), but this burger was not what I was craving. The meat quality was nice - supposedly a blend sirloin, short rib, chuck, and brisket - which yielded a super juicy burger. Unfortunately, the burger was not seasoned at all which was a complete shame. Dipping into a kethcup/tabasco mixture which I added to the plate helped, but I don't want a burger that I have to correct myself. Also, funny enough - the skinny fries were way overseasoned, pretty damn hard to eat by itself. But...if you eat the burger and the fries together - it kinda works.

Rating System
--- What the F - in a bad way | (no stars - poor to average) | * Good | ** Great | *** What the F – in a good way

Closing Comments
For this style of burger, obviously JG Melon is much better, but I would say check out Corner Bistro or Blue 9 burger if you want something nearby.

No comments: