Friday, August 13, 2010

Salad Experiment

One of my friend’s Facebook Status Updates today was asking for something vegan-ey, because she’s prego, and not really feeling meats. (Good thing I’m a Dude and will not have this issue, since I love my meats too much!) Fast forward a few hours later, I’m home, I’m hungry, not much food around, and I need to be healthy. (Down 30 pounds in 2 months, thank you very much!) I flashbacked to her post, and all my suggestions I gave her, so it inspired me to experiment in the kitchen. This experiment I will chalk up to a…


SUCCESS!

Ingredients:
- Frozen corn (boiled for 5 minutes)
- Frozen edamame (boiled for 3 minutes)
- Can of black beans (1/2 liquid drained)
- ½ red onion (sliced very thin, and then diced)
- Red hot pepper (diced - I like my heat so all seeds and veins went in)
- Spoon of minced garlic from a jar
- 2 avocados (chopped)
- Cumin (optional)
- Adding sea salt would be a good addition, but again, I’m on my health tip now so none went in.
- ½ lime (for the end)

Throw everything in a bowl, and mix. While stirring, squeeze lime juice onto the food. Done. That's it! Very nice for the summer. Can be served cold or room temperature. And the dish looks pretty, too!

Note – I just purchased 3 avocados, and they were all rotten. Quite a disappointment. I didn’t want to go to the store, so I just proceeded. It was still pretty damn good. This is why you don’t see it in the pictures.

1 comment:

guess who? said...

Did you follow that dinner up with a handful of "Bean-O" ?!