Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Japanese Dinner via CO8



Here are some pics of the food from my flight back from Japan.










Main Course : Miso Cod, Dashi Marinated Eggplants, Mapo Nasu, Pickled Veggies, Steamed Rice, Miso Soup and Green Tea.

I gotta say, I'll give the airline chef an "A" for effort. They sure try to make it look as delicious as can be... But something about the stale dry recycled air truly kills this meal. It's so dry, and cold in the gallie, I'm convinced it is impossible to prepare great food on a trans pacific commercial flight. I wish I had the chance to ride the Concord. I'm told Jean Georges was the consulting head chef back in the day. Now that must have been a treat.

On a brighter note, they do try to compensate you by keeping the drinks continuously flowing.
And you can't complain about the 180 degree reclining seats and constant pampering either I guess.

2 comments:

porthos said...

the ice cream was the best part...
vanilla ice cream with butter scotch and chocolate sauce.

Angela Archer said...

I've never had good food on a flight, but I've had decent (but that was only because it was first class).

I liked the shots you took. The presentation of this food is surprisingly beautiful.