Friday, August 20, 2010

Yakiniku in Kyushu

I really can't say enough about Japan and the phenomenal food culture it demonstrates.

I was in Kyushu (southern main island) for a few days this time around and had an urge for Japanese Yakiniku.It's kind of like Korean BBQ except the meat is extremely high quality and never marinaded.
I'm no anthropologist, but I'm convinced we trigger some kind of "Primal Instinct" whenever the chance to cook meat over a fire is present.
Clearly the epitome of Dude Food.

This particular restaurant was a new joint that just opened and so my friends and I decided to go check it out.

2,500 yen for 'all you can eat'. That's about $30. Unbelievable!

Check out the quality of the meat folks. And at every table, they have a charcoal grill fitted right in the center for you to grill your own meats and pop 'em into your mouth at your heart's desire.
SPECTACULAR!

No comments: