Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bennigans and Steak and Ale - no more???

Looks like the mortgage crisis has affected the restaurant biz as well. S&A Restaurant Corp filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Not sure if this means the franchises of Bennigans and Steak and Ale will be gone forever.

Kinda sad, since my mom used to treat me to Steak and Ale as a wee lad...always fun, since this was the first time I would create my own dish at the salad bar. Oh well, all good things come to an end...I wonder if Butters would flip out about Bennigans closing?

4 comments:

Athos said...

Butters/Bennigans... LOL! Another SPark fan. That's the place to go after getting kidnapped by some Puerto Rican guy =]

Anonymous said...

My friends have a tradition of going to Bennigans once a week for drinks. They were seriously surprised and saddened to learn of this news. My guess is competition for waitress/waiter and bartending jobs is going to go up as a result of all the lost jobs.

lacochran said...

I got my first under-age drink at Steak & Ale... many, many years ago. A whiskey sour, I believe. The height of class when you're 15. *sniff*

Aramis said...

Ah...food memories...