Monday, July 21, 2008

Dogfish Head 90

90 Minute IPA ***
by Dogfish Head

9% ABV
90 IBU

My absolute favorite beer right now.
My first sip was something magical.
It was like kissing a girl for the first time. Sensations raced through my veins, and like Remy in Ratatouille describes it, "flavors exploded in my mouth".
A parade of tastes marching on my tongue.
Considered an Imperial IPA because of it's higher ABV(alcohol by volume).
This Indian Pale Ale is brewed by the boys at Dogfish Head (Milton, Delaware).
Pairs very well with dishes with garlic and strong flavors. I'm going to attempt pairing this with Kalbi (Korean BBQ)
Charcuterie would also work well I think. Dogfish's 60 would this it's little brother.
Head - Puffy White Head
Body - Dark Amber Body

Nose - Amazingly floral. Citric Hoppiness.
Taste - Full flavor. Refined complexity with their hops and malts. Great balance.
I got hints of liquored raisins, floral citric hops, and slight smoke.
Finish - Huge finish. 20 seconds of bliss.
Recommended Pairing - Instead of a big Merlot, I'd have this with a nice grilled steak any day.

Star Ratings
*** Out of this world
** Very very good. Order it when available
* Solid / Great beer

No comments: