Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Breville Juice Plus

Received the Breville Juice Plus as a great wedding present. The first juice I made was fresh apple juice. It is unbelievable in flavor, unlike anything you'll ever have. The sweetness and the flavor of the juice will have your guests thinking you've added sugar or artificial flavor...it really is that sweet and amazing. Also, incredibly easy to use. Just drop halved apples in the shoot and watch the juice pour out.

Definitely a fun toy, but here are some issues that I have.
  • Cost to make juice - Although the apple juice was phenomenal, it takes a ridiculous amount of apples to make apple juice. I used 10 apples which equated to about $15 to make 2 quarts of juice - hella expensive.
  • Frothiness - there's a froth remover, but it looks like it leaves half the juice content behind. The froth is different from the pulp...the pulp is strained out in a different container.
  • False advertising - The juicer advertises that it can fit whole apples without peeling or coring the apple. It definitely does not fit whole apples...had to always cut my apples in two.
With that said, I do love the juicer and I think I need to include things like watermelon or oranges to get more juice per dollar. My main use of the juicer will be some fruits that I can't finish...you know, just check your fridge out. There's probably some apple or orange that's been there for a week or more. Good way to prevent waste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, i want one so bad.

have you played with mixing various types of apples? making your very own apple cider?

Aramis said...

Stuck with Fuji Apples which yielded such an intense sweet apple flavor. It was really mind-blowing, but I'd rather spend $15-20 on fish or meat. Apple cider does sound interesting though...