Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Budweiser

Budweiser
by Anheiser Busch

I'm not even going to bother with the ABV and IBUs, because with Bud, it just doesn't matter.

I tried this the other day for the first time since my college days. A friend ordered it at dinner and the rest of us paused and looked at her funny. She said she wanted something "light" so we shrugged our shoulders and went along with it.
When the beers were served, I quickly reached over to steal a sip.
Man, was this light. Not much flavor and not much impression.
Think of it as cabonated bitter water.
How on earth did they sell so much beer?
There aren't any noticeable hops at all in the nose, and barely any malt flavor.

I check out Ratebeer.com pretty often for reference on good beers and plugged in Budweiser on the site.
Interestingly enough... there are other beers out in the world worse than this.
Check out one man's positive review on Bud. (make sure you're sitting down)

westknife (17), USA
2 Aroma Appearance Flavor Palate Overall
3/103/54/103/57/20
Aug 2, 2008
Can’t believe this has a 1 on this site. The lowest possible rating (except, I suppose, a goose egg). Having lived in China for almost a month now, I can say honestly that there are plenty of beers far worse than this. Budweiser has a few things going for it - it’s drinkable, for one. It’s mildly pleasant tasting. Trust me, these are not universal qualities of beer. When I go out to eat here, and I see Budweiser on the beer list, I rejoice and fork over a little extra dough for the "imported" bottle. Lesson: don’t take anything for granted.

No comments: